Thursday, July 3, 2008

Viva La Food


Wednesday evening, July 2: The food here has been great so far! For lunch, after attending the Picasso Museum, we went to L’as du Fallafel. I had an eggplant falafel and it was great. Later for dinner, we went to Bullion Chartier, an old, classic restaurant. We were like true Parisians, and didn’t begin to eat until 10 p.m. The six of us each got an entrée (appetizer), a plat (main course) and a dessert. Some guessing had to happen because the menu was entirely in French. For my entrée, I had Saucisson a L’ail Buerre (salami and butter). For my plat, I had Steak Hache Sauce Poivre Vert Frites (raw, ground hamburger in a pepper sauce with fries.) And for dessert, I had Baba au Rhum Chantilly (a pastry completely soaked in rum.) It was a great night eating truly French food in the heart of Paris.
- Scott Richards

Six of us went out to dinner in a place my dad found in a magazine for me. I was sold even before we got there because the description said they had “garlicky snails.” Escargot may be one of my favorite dishes on the planet and the fact that we were going to be eating it in Paris just made it so perfect. The rest of my meal consisted of lamb and fries, and then creampuffs for dessert. We all ate for 20 euros each—a lot of great food for such a little price tag!
--Brittany McCall

Pictured above: Brittany McCall's order of snails. She LOVED them!!

View the day's photos

No comments: